Use BCS external content type in SharePoint 2010 (Part 1)

Create a WCF Service
Open Visual Studio 2010 and create a new WCF Service.
imageAdd the methods you want to use in the web service (probably the CRUD-methods).
When you start renaming your service, make sure you also rename the markup from your service, not just the code-behind.
image
Use WCF Service
In the same project you can create multiple web services, and your website will not give any erros.
Yet I want multiple web services in the same Visual Studio solution and in the same application pool.
So I’ll make one application pool with the .NET Framework v4.0.
image

If you don’t change the .NET Framework you’ll get an error like below (compilation-error) when you later open the webservice in an internet browser
.image
Next I create for each WCF Service project in my solution a web site.
In the next post I explain how to use this web service in the Business Connectivity Service.

Reacties

Populaire posts