Create a custom Site Definition for SharePoint 2010

I have several features I have to activate when I create a new publishing site. Solution: my own site definition based on BLANKINTERNET#2;

STEP 1: Create a Site Definition Project in Visual Studio 2010

image

STEP 2: onet.xml

I want my publishing site to have the normal functionalities but just with some extra features activated. So be lazy and find the xml of the publising site under 14\TEMPLATE\SiteTemplates\PUBLISHING\XML\ and copy it in your own onet.xml.

Delete every thing you don’t need but be sure that the name of the configuration is the same as in the webtemplate.
image

STEP 3: Add features to be activated

I created the site feature I want to be activated on creating. Now time to place it inside the onet.image

Note:

You might need to allow this template to be chosen in your site collection site.

image

Reacties

Populaire posts