‘Top link bar’ not available on publishing sites

Hi all,
It has been a while since I posted something, so lets start with an easy one.

My functional guys were complaining that the first node in the top navigation or global navigation was displaying the title of the site.
So instead of changing this programmatically I looked into why one site is displaying this and another site not.(Please not that I’m not creating each site).
I noticed that this ‘problem’ does not occur when your SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure features are deactivated. Then the option Top link bar is visible again and the first node is no longer the title of the site.

image 

So you’ll have to make a chose where you want to place your custom pages; in the SitePages- or in the Pages-library.

Reacties

Populaire posts